Cloud-based DNS for improved performance, availability, and resiliency against DDoS attacks.
Akamai's Edge DNS is a cloud-based solution that delivers 24/7 DNS availability, improves DNS responsiveness, and ensures DNS security by fending off the largest DDoS attacks. Built on a globally distributed network, Edge DNS can be implemented as a primary or secondary DNS service.
Edge DNS promotes DNS security by providing a highly scalable platform that has enough capacity to absorb the largest DDoS attacks while also responding to legitimate user requests, enabling you to maintain availability and performance even while under attack. An optional add-on, Akamai DNSSEC, provides additional DNS security by helping to prevent DNS forgery and manipulation.
- Failover: Directs requests to an alternate location when there is a failure at the primary site. Failover solutions can even be used across disparate network carriers.
- IP Intelligence: Directs requests to a data center based on geographic or IP rules.
- Weighted: Directs requests to data centers based on preset percentage splits.
- All Standard features.
- Policy rules: Let you trade off between availability and performance.
- Load feedback: Modifies load policies based on real-time user data and performance quality.
Get Faster Responses
Using a globally distributed Anycast network, Edge DNS accelerates DNS resolutions for users connecting to websites and applications from anywhere in the world. You can direct users to a high performing DNS server based on network conditions to improve responsiveness. Zone apex mapping reduces DNS lookup times even further for websites on the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
Achieve DDoS protection by absorbing attacks while also maintaining legitimate user access.
- Prevent DNS forgery and manipulation.
- Achieve faster and more reliable DNS resolution by using thousands of servers worldwide instead of relying on two or three servers.
- Guarantee 24/7 availability using Akamai's scalable, globally distributed platform.
- Simplify DNS infrastructure management with Akamai's Luna Control Center and open APIs.
- Control costs with pricing based on the number of zones rather than on the number of requests.